FHI 360 Finance Manager Job in Nigeria March 2019
FHI 360 Finance Manager Job Vacancy Nigeria March 2019
Current open jobs : FHI 360 Finance Manager employment vacancy
Job opening Abuja : FHI 360 Finance Manager career vacancy
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- FHI 360 is currently seeking a qualified Finance Manager for the upcoming five-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme.
- Advise the Finance and Administration Director regularly on financial matters
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Prepare and submit periodic financial and accrual reports to DFID as required by the contract
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by DFID
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management
- Supervise other project-based finance and accounting staff
- Manage finance-related and operations aspects of the project.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub-award and operations aspects of programme
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, DFID rules and regulation, terms and conditions, award requirements, and Government of Nigeria’s laws.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets of $50 million dollars or larger
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
- Master’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is strongly preferred; or a Bachelor’s accounting degree with 10 years’ experience.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a developing country; Nigeria experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with HMG rules and regulations for commercial contracts is required.
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- Jobs recruitment at Cedar Micro-finance Bank for Finance Manager in Nigeria 21st January 2014
- Manager, Insurance, Group Finance/Admin Manager jobs at an Integrated Group of Companies nigeria july 2012
- Dillon Consultant Nigeria Limited Finance Manager Job 2019
- Reconnect HDI Program Manager Job Nigeria March 2019