Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machine Press Operator
- Operate high resolution, variable print proprietary imaging equipment.
- Program and prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests.
- Produce digital products to customer specifications and quality standards
- Maintains accurate production records
- Rips digital files for production
- Loads/unloads finished product from machine
- Loads inks and performs routine maintenance
- Operates finishing equipment, performs table work and pack outs as required
- Arrangement for assembling on the machine
- Knowledge of graphic design, large format operating and computer to conventional plate operating
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue.
- Adjust image position, colour quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs, and other items as needed.
- Operate digital print equipment to optimal production standards.
- Requires advanced knowledge of digital print and/or inkjet imaging equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment.
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to set up feed rollers, tensioning, timing and in-line finishing per job specifications.
- May instruct junior level operators how to complete the required corrective adjustment.
- Requires basic mathematic skills, basic computer skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience with direct imaging and 1 or more years prior digital printing experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of colour theory and ability to make adjustments and colour corrections when operating the equipment to produce the imaging to customer specifications.
- Excellent knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with sheet fed press or 4-color process operation and performance of preventive maintenance tasks on digital printing presses preferred. Related experience also accepted.
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic mathematical skills (i.e. fractions, multiplication, division, and use of a ruler)
- Understanding of the printing process, including press proof forms and electrostating printing and impositioning preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 15th February, 2019.