Nigeria Machine Tools Limited (NMTL) is the leader in the manufacture of machine tools, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa. Our assembly, production capabilities and plant facilities make us the preferred provider of complex machine tools and varied equipment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Accountant
- The cost accountant’s responsibility will entail overseeing and analyzing cost expenditures and purchases within the organization.
- The cost accountant will review existing purchases and recommend new cost-efficient and financially feasible options, and oversee purchasing costs.
- Carry out detail analyses of production cost (raw material, machine hour, man hour) and monitor same to ensure all cost or expenditure are captured and properly recorded.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Assisting in Month end close of General Ledger.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories.
- Check all finished products or work in progress to determine actual production cost and report any detected variance to the management for appropriate decision.
- Accurate prediction of relevant costs and time line for delivery of products to clients/customers.
- Carry out regular market survey to determine the local and international materials cost and advise management appropriately e.t.c.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Minimum of 5 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word.
- Experience with ERP Navision a plus.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Must have a strong cost accounting background and excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Professional certifications in ICAN/ACCA.
- Accurate and precise, attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking and strong execution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a copy of their CV electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org