The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR/Admin Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Scope of Work
- The HR Assistant is responsible for day-to-day HR & administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the IRC offices and to assist the HR Team in all related HR & Admin functions.
Specific HR Responsibilities
- Assist with payroll management.
- Support exit management
- Perform other job related tasks as requested by the HR Manager.
- Assist in Administration Management
- Track and monitor IRC office and guesthouse administration and maintenance.
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment.
- Supervise cleaners and cooks.
- Track and monitor subscriptions and monthly telephone and Internet communications, and assure that all are paid on time.
- Assist in processing travel documents (visa, ticket, etc.)
- Support onboarding and integration of new hires
- Support in recruitment ( post job advertisement in Monguno with collaboration with recruitment team)
- Support in performance management and staff development
- Support in staff management and administration
- Conduct monthly orientation of new hires.
- Maintain staff database-( timesheet, leave and other benefits)
- Assist with staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
- Document control for all HR filing system and catalogue HR materials.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: The HR Officer
- Position directly supervises: none
- Indirect Reporting: none
- Other Internal and/or external contacts.
- Internal: IRC Mubi staff
- External: none
- Education: Bachelor degree
- Work Experience: Approximately 0-1 year of relevant experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Team work skills.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Hausa
- Professional HR & Administration experience preferably with an INGO.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to details.
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
- The positions are located in Mubi the situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location. This is a national position.
- Competitive Monthly salary
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th January, 2019.
- Only Shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. However, only Monguno indigenes are encouraged to apply.