Chlorophyll Ventures is an energy services and solutions provider that offers cutting-edge technology and strategic consulting for a sustainable energy sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Engineer
- Provide technical direction and support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Estimating material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales.
- Perform thermal, stress, or cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Conduct quality assurance of technical installations to confirm conformity with all the applicable regulations.
- Prepare Project planning including Work Breakdown Structure prioritizing all the project deliverables before embarking on a project.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Attend meetings, prepare reports and make presentations to managers and clients.
- Conduct engineering site surveys/audits to collect and analyze structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential, Industrial and commercial solar power systems.
- Actively participate in the design of photovoltaic (PV) systems, solar mini-grids, and solar assembly plants including system components selection, sizing, and validation.
- Actively participate in product and other renewable energy development from conception to final solution.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Direct and supervise the installations of solar power solutions.
- Educate clients on how to operate and optimally use a solar system.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferably Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical or any related Science discipline e.g Industrial Physics.
- Must have minimum of 3 years practical experience in installing AC coupled solar systems, Solar panels, Batteries, inverters and generators.
- At least 3 years of engineering experience in solar system design, installation and maintenance
- PMP or Prince 2 Certification is an added advantage
- French language proficiency is an advantage
Competencies & Skills:
- Basic human resources management skills
- Goal oriented and time management
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Creative and problem solving skills
- The ability to analyse complex problems and assess possible solutions
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Customer services orientation
- Sound knowledge of electrical principles and theories.
- Sound Knowledge of structural energy requirements, local climates, solar technology, and thermodynamics.
- Basic Project management and supervision experience
- Attention to details
- Accurate reporting skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 7th January, 2019.