GIBC Digital began by delivering Ops and IT strategy, with a focus on regulatory-driven change. As our clients turned their attention to competing in a fast-paced, digital world, where customer expectations can change quickly, we committed ourselves to helping them evolve.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Manager
Location: Abuja, Niger
Key Roles and Responsibilities for Business Support Manager Job
The Business Support Manager is a member of our Nigeria Central Team and is responsible for the following:
- Manage and oversee the launch event for the office (working with Public Relations and Communications team)
- Engage with local suppliers to ensure all elements required for the event are in place (not limited to – build and install marquees, parking arrangements, catering, seating plans, guest list, issuing of invites, public address (PA) system, dry-run rehearsal, etc)
- Oversee the complete running and all associated office administration of the GIBC Digital Office in Abuja
- Procure and manage local suppliers to ensure office needs are met in a timely and effective manner, e.g. office supplies, stationery, catering, cleaning services, office facilities (air con working), etc.
- Manage the local bank account activity, manage accounts for utilities, and ensure other standard supplier payments are paid, invoiced, receipted and reconciled (in conjunction with our Finance team)
- Manage building access, password provision and visitor logs
- Liaise with our local security team to ensure full 24-hour security provision to maintain the highest standards and coverage
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Fire Procedures are established and maintained
- Ensure local phone and telecommunications are in place (including provision of mobile phone, SIM cards, and WiFi boosters for international workers)
- To embrace GIBC Ways of Working and lead by example in terms of establishing performance measurements for all of the above supported by reporting processes
- Oversee the finalisation of the office set up
- Perform due diligence to ensure the building office site set-up is fully complete and functional
- Complete a checklist / inventory and ensure any issues are effectively resolved with the landlord and other local suppliers, as needed
- Ensure the office set-up meets the highest international standards and ready to commence and complete office fit-out
- Procure floor plans of the office
- Work closely with the Nigerian Programme Manager to procure, supply, and install the necessary furniture, IT equipment, and office equipment (high quality and value for money)
- To procure trusted local suppliers to assist with the office fit out – ensure all supplier contracts are effectively managed, receipted and payments made
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years working experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Verbal and written communication.Able to synthesize information and communicate what’s important clearly and succinctly.
- Persistence.Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Problem solving.Comes up with clever solutions to problems. Looks for the root cause and isn’t satisfied with treating symptoms. Constantly looks for ways to improve the way we do things, so we can evolve quickly.
- Big picture thinking.Understands how the work fits into the overall objective. Keeps the goal in view and does not get caught up in doing a task for its own sake, so can easily adjust when something isn’t advancing the objective.
- Collaboration. Works well with others to achieve common goals. Sets ego aside to achieve what’s best for the company.
- Learns quickly.Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information and apply it in appropriate ways.
- Dynamic presence. Demonstrates high energy and get-things-done attitude. Able to motivate others to take action and achieve the goal. Subtly forceful and commanding.
- Organization and planning.Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient and productive manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Analytical skills.Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail.Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity.Acts without being told what to do. Acts like an owner/has an entrepreneurial mind-set. Brings new ideas to the company. Takes responsibility for achieving the goals and driving the company forward.
- All your information will be kept confidential.
- The seniority and salary of our new team member will vary depending on experience – we mold roles to inspire and challenge our team to learn and develop!
- Please note that due to the high level of interest we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply