June 2017 Project Manager Vacancy in a Data Centre in Nigeria 2017
Jobs recruitment : Project Manager Vacancy in Nigeria June 2017
Career opportunity in a Data Centre – Nigeria 2017
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Reference: 1261
Function: Operations & Production
- The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all projects in accordance with international standards and best practice.
- Reporting to the Operations Director, he/she will participate in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Strategy & Project Planning:
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritising initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future projects
- Prioritise the portfolio of projects on a day-to-day basis on behalf of management to ensure the maximum efficiency in allocation of resources and skills
- Work with defined vendors for the Design, Construction, Deployment, Testing and Commissioning of the Data Centre build. Identify and prioritize project deliverables, dependencies, and critical path items
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assure a smooth in-take of DC co-location projects while assuring priorities across the various groups are in synch. Resolves conflicts across internal and external teams in a timely manner
- Ensure that the project plan remains aligned with the available technologies and the overall strategic business plan
- Create, develop and maintain a rolling project plan / road map for all projects
- Controls project deliverables, scope, expectations, and coordinates project progress with sponsors, steering committees, and senior leadership
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Define requirements for new Data Centre technology implementations and communicate them to the management team and other stake holders
- Define and communicate procedures, policies and standards for acquiring, deploying and commissioning the Data Centre technologies
- Prioritise and control projects portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development and installation of the Data Centre technologies
- Provide leadership on all aspects of the project to ensure successful delivery
- Maintains a solid understanding of the Data Centre and Construction industry and incorporate best practices as they emerge
- Ensure best practices, techniques, and tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestones/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics are maintained
- Assess, manage and communicate escalated risks within and across multiple project streams
- Interfaces independently with all functional and business areas affected by Data Centre colocation – work closely with functional resource managers to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects
- Develops and delivers project reports, proposals, and requirements documentation to senior leadership and key stakeholders – work with Delivery teams to produce executive reports on the projects and keep leadership apprised of project scope, cost, or schedule changes
- Analyse and improve upon the frameworks and standards used across the organization to maintain competitive edge within the market
- Develop, track, and control the annual project capital budget
- Set overall project schedule, quality and performance standards
- Defines project success criteria and reviews throughout the project life cycle
- Effectively communicates highly complex ideas and issues at multiple levels of leadership, including executive management and steering committee
- Ensure that all administration and financial activities are completed upon project finalization
- Complete a project review and project completion report in conjunction with other key stakeholders
- A degree in Engineering, Construction, Telecommunications or equivalent. Professional experience in the areas of Data Centre Project Management and IT infrastructure as well as Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Construction, Telecoms or Technology delivery Project Manager in Nigeria with a global exposure.
- Minimum 8 years of Project Management related work experience.
- Proven history of managing multimillion dollar projects/projects
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role in a challenging environment.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification
- Strong commitment to high standards and quality service.
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example.
- Good communication skills – oral, written, IT and presentation.
- Highly motivated and performance orientated.
- Committed to development of team talent. Hands-on, performance oriented, practical and pragmatic, with a proven ability to “get the job done”.
- Proven A1+ physical health is a must. Strong work ethic, endurance and ability to work long hours under challenging operating conditions.
- Proven “staying record” – no job hopping.
- Assertive rather than aggressive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply