WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries.
We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
- Undertake legal research and provide advisory legal opinions to relevant Company Departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of Nigerian legislation, contractual obligations etc.
- Serve as Company’s representative during negotiations of various unitisations involving Company
- Provide legal support to Contract Engineers in the Contracts & Procurement Department in the adaption of existing contract templates to align with evolving regulatory and administrative requirements and also deal with exceptions and variations to contract terms raised by prospective contractors.
- Carries out any other duties/projects that may be assigned to him/her by the hierarchy.
- Provide Company with legal guidance to advance transactions and dealings with third parties
- Assessment of legal risks and provision of appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Prepare and draft agreements / contracts and follow through their implementation.
- Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally, averagely complex legal dossiers with supervision and participate in negotiations with Company’s partners, contractors and relevant government agencies
- Provide legal support for treasury operations including drafting/review of banking service agreements, performance bonds, guarantees and credit facility agreements.
- Provide legal support to the Non- Operated Assets, Gas Assets & Commercial Departments
- Carry out any other tasks or activities assigned by the Legal Manager, DW or the General Counsel
- Provide legal support to Company (DW District) via analysis of legal risks and possible impact on potential transactions.
- Provide legal and contractual support to the Company’s Asset departments/project teams in all matters including in its liaison with co-venturers, as applicable.
- Attend court and liaise with external counsel (and where applicable, CoVs legal representatives) with respect to litigation, arbitration, tax appeals and any other dispute resolution proceedings involving the Company and the pre-litigation phases.
- Defend and promotes the Company’s interests and their affiliates
- Aid decision-making by analysing the legal risks and advocating optimised, appropriate solutions
- Provide the Company and its Departments with legal guidance in transactions with third parties.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online