January 2015-Weatherford Oil and Gas Jobs for Graduate Field Engineers
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift
JOB TITLE: Junior Field Engineer
Job title: Junior Field Engineer
Business Unit: Production Optimization
Job Location: Nigeria
- The Junior Field Engineer will be responsible for the successful installation of optical and electronic downhole reservoir monitoring equipment for regions supported by Production Optimization GBU. The installations will be performed directly by the job holder or indirectly through the supervision of 3rd parties. The work performed on/offsite will be under customer supervision to the contracted specification. These are to be achieved within the framework of the job scope and subject to our client contractual obligations and both regulatory and Weatherford policies and procedure requirements
- The position is classified as mobile and the job holder is required to respect the global nature of the business and be prepared to travel nationally and internationally to support business requirements in countries covered by Production Optimization GBU. Periods of travel and duration of work are project specific and variable.
- The Junior Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring that he/she is familiar and confident in performing all “field operations” in advance of being required to perform the actual “field operations”. Any deficiencies identified are to be reported in a timely manner to ensure all “field operations” are performed successfully to the contracted specification.
- The Junior Field Engineer is responsible for identifying and documenting any Risk Assessment, associated with performing “field operations” in a timely manner ahead or performing the said “field operation”.
- The Junior Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring he/she participates in Projects to Operations handover, evaluating the content of any Rig Book and or Procedures and Work Instructions and ensuring any deficiencies are noted and highlighted.
- The Junior Field Engineer is responsible for the Safety, Integrity and Security of all equipment used or delivered for “field operations”, he/she is also responsible for ensuring all equipment is returned and any damages or shortages reported to the Company Man and PE prior to back-loading and shipment.
- The Junior Field Engineer is responsible for all “field operations” equipment.
- When arriving onsite the Junior Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all equipment for installation in the Well is bench checked and where practical all Weatherford and /or 3rd party interfaces are rechecked in a timely manner ahead of Rig Floor operations.
- The Junior Field Engineer is responsible for all “field operation” reporting, including daily reports and end of job reporting. This includes accurate completion of the company’s WPTS.
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply
- Visit Weatherford career page
- Select a Language – English and click “Go”
- On the Search form, click Search icon besides the Country field
- Under Select locations, Select All Locations and Search