Senior Geophysics Processing Supervisor Jobs at Total E & P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) Lagos 2014
TOTAL is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
Total E & P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) is a leading Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company and a subsidiary of the Total Group. The company is in a growth phase, and as part of its expansion activities, welcomes applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for its Oil & Gas Production Operations Training Scheme facilitated by a Training Company. During the training programme participants will be on a Training Contract and on successful completion of the training programme would be considered for the usual recruitment process leading to employment in TEPNG.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Senior Geophysics Processing Supervisor
Ref No: 10059106
The successful candidate shall manage all phases of a processing project, from the scope of work definition to the QC and archiving of the final deliverables. The tasks to be performed shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Definition of the processing project objectives, scope of work, technical specifications and processing sequences,
- Supervise processing parameter tests and recommend optimum processing flows,
- Close follow up of the invoicing and management of the budget assigned to the projects.
- Contribute to Company’s image of technical excellence in publishing technical papers in professional journals or presenting work results at international conferences.
- Provide supervision to junior supervisors.
- Define technical specifications and scope of work with the processing Contractor
- Establish with the processing Contractor and the assets a timetable for the processing project
- Perform daily follow-up of projects assigned to him/her and report back to Company,
- Bachelor degree in Geoscience, Engineering or Computing
- Geosciences specialization or Post-graduate Master’s Degree or PhD will be an added advantage.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in seismic processing.
- Excellent knowledge of current industry seismic processing methods and workflows in time and depth.
- Strong planning, project execution and communication skills.
- Experience in seismic acquisition, interpretation or AVO analysis is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team work environment.
- Flexibility: an ability to be open to new situations, cultures and people.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online