Procurement Officer Jobs at ECOWAS in Abuja Nigeria October 2014
ECOWAS is currently recruiting in Abuja, Nigeria
Position: Procurement Officer
- Department: General Administration and Conference
- Directorate: Administration
- Grade: P3
- Annual Salary: USD 36.901 – USD 44.469
- Supervisor: Principal Officer Procurement
- Reference: ECW-COMM/REC/ADM-P/001/2014
- Duration: Twelve (12) months (renewable)
- Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
- Closing Date: 21 November 2014
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes procurement plans to support business and operational needs based on requirements stated in the business plans and budgets of departments
- Prepare bidding documents, terms of reference, purchase orders, proposed contracts, suppliers’ bills and other procurement documents, as directed by the Head of Procurement
- Ensures the needs of requestors are proactively identified and met, taking appropriate actions by handling request orders, supporting tendering/bid management processes, price management, service delivery, vendor management and communication efforts with suppliers
- Keep track of the status of each procurement – from request to delivery or receipt by the requester – ensuring that priorities are met
- In liaison with Finance, ensure timely funding, and/or resolution of any funding issues in relation to procurement activities
- Develop a detailed level of material knowledge for designated ranges of products within allocated groups of products/materials
- Maintain awareness of market conditions, including source lists, price availability and competitiveness, and ensure that costs are fair and reasonable prior to approving any purchase.
- Check specifications for goods and Terms of reference for services ensuring compliance with set standards, regulations, procedures and process requisition in accordance with related ECOWAS and donor policies and procedures for Goods, Works and Intellectual Services
- Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specifications on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements.
- Analyse all material requisitions for proper material descriptions, budget authorisations and cost centres, which the purchases are being charged.
- Produce/provide periodic updates and required management reports covering service ordering, order tracking, purchase orders and contracts, service order delivery scheduling and costs.
- Maintain a central register of main contracts to accurately record the status of contracts with suppliers, develop appropriate database for key suppliers, main contractors and Consultants and track service level agreements with vendors, Contractors and Consultants
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Purchasing & Supplies, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Social Sciences or equivalent
- At least five (5) years experience in Procurement with experience of procurement procedures of development partners( World bank , AFDB, European Union).
- Must have good writing and computer application skills;
- Possession of a higher degree will reduce the number of years’ experience to three (3).
- A good knowledge and understanding of the procurement process, sourcing, tendering methods and tender documents;
- Understands negotiation principles and techniques;
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with key suppliers and to maintain supplier development techniques;
- Ability to plan and organise the procurement process;
- Understanding of the importance of Audit and financial compliance and its impact on the procurement process;
- A good knowledge of inventory, Logistics and Supply Chain processes;
- A good understanding of Costing Methods;
- Knowledge of World Bank, EU and other donor procurement processes and principles would be an advantage
Candidate should not be 50 years old or over at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Fluency in oral and written expression in any one of the ECOWAS working languages : English, French and Portuguese. Knowledge of a second official language would be an advantage.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply