Job for Secure Drilling Services Business Development Manager at Weatherford Port Harcourt August 2014
Weatherford is seeking to recruit for the below position of:
Job Title: Secure Drilling Services Business Development Manager
Ref Code: 42273
Location: Port Harcourt
- The MPD Business Development Manager has full Accountability for the Sales & Commercial process associated with all Secure Drilling product lines across the SSA Region.
- Coordinate with the Business Unit Manager on SDS opportunities.
- Keep enquiry database up to date.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for SDS work in conjunction with business unit and regional personnel. Develop marketing campaigns for the region and/ or specific areas as required.
- Coordinate very closely with the Operations and Product Line department ensuring that they are kept informed on all major SDS tenders and proposals.
- Organize regular product line presentations and other sales and marketing training events for the regions personnel in order to ensure that the key personnel become conversant with the product line and its target markets.
- Establish and implement creditable business strategies in line with the product line and regional business.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Liaise with the Weatherford business development focal points and country management within the region with regards to all new SDS opportunities.
- Develop and maintain, profiles on competitive companies and monitor their activity in the region. Keep the Business Unit Manager and relevant Weatherford Country Managers appraised accordingly. Coordinate with the Business Unit Manager on SDS opportunities.
- Focal point for all SDS quotations / pricing requests and tenders required in the region.
- Initiate contact and continuously network with potential customers.
- Carry out market surveys and establish business opportunities to target. Quantify SDS potential with individual clients in the region, coordinate economic evaluations of potential projects
- Ensure that SDS Sales & Marketing material is available in the region. Develop the material if required.
- Educated to a degree level, preferably in an Engineering discipline
Experience and Skills required:
- A minimum of 6 yrs experience is required.
- Extensive experience in an Oil & gas role, preferably Drilling and Completions Operations.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills (Both Oral and Written).
- Competency in Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience in all Secure Drilling products and services.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of drilling & production operations including rig systems.
- Good Surface and Sub-Surface Understanding of Oil/Gas Field Development.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online