DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, we provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers – helping them deliver better results everyday.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Airside Training Manager
Ref.: MEA – 11789
Job Location: Nigeria
Overall Role Purpose
Lead the Airside and NCG teams in implementing Regional Operations Training Programs, ensuring training activities are in line with GSOP requirements, and improving operations performance / quality through effective training. The role will also take the lead on support projects and programs where required to enhance process / procedures / performance and productivity including Restricted Commodities.
Specific Role Context
Develop, manage and implement strategies / procedures that will ensure that all NCG & Airside Staff receive the necessary training and skills to meet both individual job requirements and business performance needs.
Ensuring the safe, punctual and economic operations of airside operations and systems.
Specific Role Challenge
Manage Network Airside and NCG applications & procedures in sufficient depth to be able to develop and deliver high quality training courses that enable the effective installation, maintenance and daily use by business users of Network Airside and NCG.
Recommend changes or updates to current Training and Users Manuals.
- Inform Country Ops Managers, Gateway Managers, Ramp & Airside Supervisors, Hub Managers and NCG Managers about operating standards and safety requirements in their area of responsibility.
- Regular contact with DHL operated airlines regarding operational and aircraft specific issues in his/her area of responsibility
- Respond and commit to Airside Training requirements providing reliable and responsible training courses and support.
- Support NCG to analyze and improve routing and bagging intra and cross border (Intra & Inter continental).
- Contribute to specify loading configuration and ground handling requirements for new aircraft acquisitions in conjunction with other interested parties.
- Develop and provide effective communication channels aimed at ensuring clear on-going communication of context, progress and results of Training projects to all stakeholders.
- Maintain a collaborative and advisory relationship with Third Party Airlines Management and Third Party Handling Agents regarding problem solving issues.
- Airside Training and RC analyses at various organization levels identifying training requirements.
- Design and develop content & structure of Airside training courses (in conjunction with the Global Airside or/and RC Group).
- Responsible for the effective delivery of training commitments within the assigned area.
- Monitor, report and communicate Airside training progress and post-training performance.
- Suggest updates/changes in the various Airside Manuals to the Global Airside or Local Airside Manager.
- Audit and Control.
- Promote team spirit and communication channels within the group and between the group and the rest of DHL.
Overall Goals / Typical Measures
- Ensure Airside and NCG procedures run to satisfy Ground Handling safety conditions.
- Ensure that the most cost effective and practical solutions are selected for Load Control and Airside functions.
- Design, development and delivery of courses for assigned area within required timescales and budget throughout the year activities.
- Evaluate and support most effective options to improve connectivity using Global tools.
- Ensure smooth implementation of new aircraft types in to the regional fleet by delivering timely updates of the LC system and training.
- Maintain optimal communication flow in a consultative & collaborative approach with all direct and indirect stakeholders.
- Satisfy to regulatory authority audits with specific responsibility for LC.
- Achieve rapid, effective country deployment of LC systems and Airside Trainings in order to satisfy to regulatory authority audits.
- Ensure W&B and training structure, consistency and control on a cross-country basis.
- Ensure compliance with local procedures and operations and regulatory authorities.
- Produce quick and decisive decisions to overcome default against systems and training milestones.
- Ensure standards are harmonized and in full compliance across the network.
- Proven knowledge of aircraft systems (load control)
- High degree of computer literacy
- Certified DHL qualification as Trainer (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Understanding the cultural diversity and the nature of airline operations within the logistics & express industry
- Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
- Good all around communicator with written, oral and presentation skills
- Technical knowledge of DHL systems and processes
- Experience in procedures and documentation auditing
- Ability to carry out on the job training and evaluations and deliver constructive feedback
- Ability to communicate complex messages in a clear and simple way
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Excellent business/commercial acumen
- Ability to develop and deliver effective quality training programs
Expected Years of Experience
- Minimum 2 year experience of practical aircraft Weight and Balance or Load Control functions
- Minimum 1 to 2 years total experience in a professional training environment
- Significant experience in ground services environment (airside operations)
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of all aircraft types in the fleet
- Minimum 3-5 year experience in Airside Warehouse or/and Load Control or/and Ramp functions
- Senior High School degree
- Tertiary education / university degree preferable, however emphasis will be more on proven capabilities and operational experience
- Fluent English & French (written and oral).
Mode of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Closing Date: 30th April, 2014