Bursar Jobs Opportunity at College of Advanced and Professional Studies (CAPS) in Makurdi Nigeria 2014
The College of Advanced and Professional Studies (CAPS), Makurdi was established in 1976 by the Benue State Government. It was previously known as School of Basic Studies (SBS) and later School of Remedial Studies (SRS).The institution was located at Ugbokolo but later swapped places with the Murtala College of Arts, Science and Technology (MUCAST), now Benue State Polytechnic, which saw it, moved to Makurdi in 1981. CAPS runs the IJMBE Programme which has headquarters at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and professional courses such as Fashion and Designing, Computer Science, Painting and Decorating, Welding and Fabrication, Building and Engineering Drawing, Radio and Television Servicing, and Carpentry and Joinery. The College also commenced National Diploma courses in October 2013 in the following courses: Computer Science, Mathematics Education, Accountancy, Business Administration and Management, Public Administration, Fashion Design and Clothing Technology, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, and Quantity Surveying and Building Technology.
The Ministry of Education, the parent Ministry of the institution oversees the College and plays the role of the Governing Council.
In order to put a substantive Management in place having disbanded the former management in 2009, the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Education, Makurdi hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following post
The Bursar is a Principal Officer who plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the operations of the financial system of the College. He/she is the Chief Financial Officer of the College.
The Bursar shall be responsible for the following in connection with the
Accounting Records and systems in the College:
- Compilation of the main accounting records.
- Initiation of new accounting systems, indenting and procedure for local purchase
- Production of reliable and complete Management Information System (MIS) to the Council and other relevant Committees
- Overall supervision of the accounting records and systems in the College
- The Bursar is responsible to Rector for day-to-day financial administration of the College
- Maintain liaison with financial agencies and external auditors.
- Candidates must possess a good Bachelors Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) IN Accounting in a recognized Institution of higher teaming and full registration with a recognized professional accounting body. A Masters Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
Candidates must have at least Ten (10) years cognate post graduate and professional experience in a tertiary institution or related establishments. He/she must have served for a period not less than five (5) years as Chief Accountant.
The Bursar enjoys a Consolidated Salary. That is N5, 407, 503.00 per annum including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should forward 20 copies of their typewritten applications and detailed curriculum vitae including photocopies of relevant credentials and the names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be requested to forward confidential reports on them. The Curriculum vitae should give details as follows:
- Post Desired
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin/ Local Government
- Current Postal Address, e-mail and telephone numbers
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates
- Qualification (Academics/ Professional)
- Previous Employer (s), Post (s) held with dates
- Present Employer
- Post and Salary (evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview).
- Publication(s)(if any)
- Names of three (3) Referees
- Normal Signature
Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence where applicable and will bring the originals of their credentials to the interview if shortlisted.
All applications should be submitted not later than 20th March, 2014 .
Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelopes marked “POST OF BURSAR” at the left hand corner and addressed to:
The Honourable Commissioner
Ministry of Education Headquarters
Makurdi, Benue State